To get all the benefits of chocolate for our health we must make sure that we choose one that has at least 70% cocoa.
There is no doubt, listening to talk about chocolate awakens virtually all the senses (especially the taste), thanks to its exquisite taste.
However, the use of this recognized ingredient is not only focused on the gastronomic part.
The benefits offered by chocolate form a very extensive list . Not in vain is one of the healthiest in the world.
Today in our space we will know some of the ways through which you can use this delicious food.
1. Chocolate for skin health
This ingredient promotes healthy skin. It is most commonly used on the face and not on other areas of the body.
The best way to get your wonderful benefits is the masks. Here are two recipes to take advantage of your benefits.
Thanks to the combination of ingredients like honey and oats with chocolate this mask contributes to moisturize and exfoliate the skin of the face. The great advantage of this recipe is its ease in preparation.
- ¼ cup powdered chocolate (50 g)
- 4 tablespoons oatmeal powder (40 g)
- ½ cup honey (168 g)
- 4 tablespoons of moisturizing cream (80 g)
Preparation and application
- In a suitable container we will combine the chocolate powder with the oats with the help of a spoon.
- While we are mixing, we will gradually add the honey and the moisturizer until a homogeneous paste is obtained.
- Apply the paste on the face and let it act for 20 minutes.
- After the indicated time, we will retire with abundant cold water.
The benefits of chocolate, at least in terms of skin health, vary according to the ingredients with which we combine it.
Thanks to this recipe we will get a greater hydration of the dermis.
- 2 tablespoon chocolate powder (20 g)
- 1 tablespoon honey (25 g)
- 1 capsule of vitamin E
- 2 tablespoon plain yogurt (36 g)
Preparation and application
- In order to combine all the ingredients in a single step it is convenient to do it in a medium bowl.
- We will extract the vitamin E from its capsule and mix it with the rest of ingredients, until obtaining a homogenous combination.
- Apply the mixture on the face and, after 20 minutes, rinse with warm water.
2. Chocolate as an anti-inflammatory
The benefits to the skin do not stop in the aesthetic part. Chocolate, when mixed with caffeine, can be an excellent anti-inflammatory.
This does not uniquely favor cutaneous tissues, but also other organs of the body.
In addition, it is demonstrated that those with a high percentage of cocoa (at least 70%) can help prevent neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s.
3. Chocolate in the gastronomy
For many people, the use of this ingredient in salty recipes may come as a surprise, as this is often used more in desserts or the like.
However, chocolate also forms a fundamental part of other gastronomic ideas and can provide an original and delicious touch.
The following are clear examples of this:
- Chocolate with chili and meat.
- Chocolate seasoning for the barbecue.
- Chocolate rice.
4. Its most common use: Chocolate to the cup
The easiest way to distinguish chocolate, at least at home, is by enjoying it hot. In fact, usually the foundation of breakfast or snack.
Consuming it with any kind of elaborate flour element is delicious, whether with toast or cookies.
Luckily, enjoying a delicious chocolate in the cup is very simple, since we can prepare it at home easily.
However, it is always good to enjoy perfection; So we will show you how to prepare a delicious hot chocolate.
Steps to achieve “the perfect cup of chocolate”
- Use a considerable amount of chocolate.
- Spread evenly with a spoon.
- Mix with a little milk (quantity to taste of who prepares it).
- Heat for as long as possible, but avoid whenever it gets to boil.
- Add pepper and cinnamon to taste (optional).
- Last but not least, accompany with marshmallows or other similar product, and enjoy.
To conclude, we can not forget that chocolate is also a great ally of our psychological well-being. And there are studies that prove that it helps us to improve our state of mind.