Preserving the good health of our mind and the clarity of it in the elaboration of our thoughts is fundamental to find us well also in old age and preserve our capacity for autonomy.
With these four exercises you will not lose mental clarity in old age:
1. Color text
As you can see in this image, there are a series of words written in different colors.
- Begin to say aloud the color in which each word is written. Do this until you reach the end of the image and repeat the same exercise in the opposite direction.
In this way, you will be able to exercise both hemispheres of the brain that respond to the perception of text and color. It may be difficult for you at first but it will be very beneficial to prevent diseases like Alzheimer’s.
Doing this simple exercise will help you:
- Establish new connections between the two hemispheres of the brain.
- Train a number of skills such as the ability to concentrate and change attention.
2. Schulte’s Table
To do this exercise, known under the name of Schulte’s table, you will have to concentrate on the figure in the center. In addition to looking at number 19 but you have another objective: find the number 1 to continue with all other numbers in ascending order.
- For this, it is best that you fix your eyes on each new figure found.
- You can help solve it by drawing a new table with the random order of the figures and it will be easier for you.
Among the benefits, you will get is the fact of increasing the speed of information processing, as well as developing the peripheral vision of the brain.
3. Signs with your fingers
Do a simple exercise with your own fingers. It will consist of making, with the fingers of the right hand, the symbol of peace.
You may also like to read: 5 Strategies Every Woman Must Follow to End Stress and Anxiety
At the same time, with the fingers of the left hand, you will have to make the “ok” signal. Then do it backward and repeat several times. When you have already done with both hands, you will have to practice this exercise simultaneously.
In this way what you will get will be:
- Increase and train your concentration ability.
- Improve both attention and ability to move quickly from one task to another.
Note: Both goals are not always simple, precisely because of a lack of synchronization.
4. Practice synchronized writing
Practicing synchronized writing can be very helpful in this regard if you are looking to exercise your memory.
To do this you must have 2 sheets of paper and a pen in each hand.
- You will have to start drawing geometric shapes with both hands at the same time.
- You can also write letters or words of the same length at the same time.
- The key is that it is simultaneously or the exercise will not be valid.
Among the benefits that will bring you this activity is the ability to teach the brain to do several tasks at a time to activate both hemispheres at the same time.
It’s all right that you train your non-dominant hand. That is, if you always brush your teeth with your right hand, do it with the left and the other way round so that the brain is able to give orders and carry out different actions as it always does.
In this sense, you can also take a shower and perform other daily actions with closed eyes. Change your route when you go to work, to the store or other sites that you frequent to activate this way your memory. Eating well is also critical. Food plays an important role in strengthening memory. In this order of the order of ideas, there are certain nutrients that help the brain to work well.
Include in your diet foods rich in phosphorus:
- Cocoa powder
- Blue Fish
- Dairy products
You should also consume foods rich in potassium:
- Wheat germ
Finally, do not forget to include ingredients rich in magnesium in your diet:
- Sunflower seeds
- Whole grains
In addition, it is also very important to give the brain its necessary supply of glucose, since this is the engine of our brain. Try to choose those sources of slow assimilation.